Monday, March 22, 2010
French dessert: Banana and Coconut Tart
banana and coconut tart for 6 persons:
70 grams caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 pinch salt
120 grams. soft butter
5 beautiful and not too ripe bananas
25 cl. Pot of liquid cream
100g caster sugar (it could be muscovado)
50 g of pulp dry coconut (bud-bud ng niyog in Tagalog)
How to do:
Preparation of the pastry or dough:
1. Make a well-shape with the flour (with a hole at the center.
2. In the center add all the items and then quickly stir into a ball, cover it with a film wrap and put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes, just enough for it to be firm.
3. Spread and place in pie plate previously buttered
Preparing the filling:
1. Turn on the oven to 200 ° (6-7 temperature)
2. Cut 5 bananas into slices and arrange in bottom of pan. Put aside the rest for the next stage.
3. Mix in a bowl the pot of cream, whole eggs, sugar and coconut and pour it in the pan on bananas, decorate the top with other slices of the last banana.
4. Put in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Watch out for the color of the dough, make sure it is not overcooked or burned
5. Cool and just before serving sprinkle with coconut pulp for garnish (bud-bud ng niyog).